Recruiting: Alabama lands commitment from #6 pro style QB Cooper Bateman

A labama needed a quarterback in the next recruiting class, and it landed a commitment from one of the top pro-style quarterbacks available. Wednesday morning Cooper Bateman committed to Alabama. In a statement emailed to the Daily Bama Blog Bateman said, “I have chosen to attend the University of Alabama. I am honored that I will get to learn from Coach Saban and Coach Nussmeier and will get to represent Alabama, the state and the University. I want to thank my coaches at Cottonwood for all they have done for me and mostly to my parents who have made this all possible.”

Bateman videos on YouTube include these impressive highlights:

Rivals.com lists Bateman 6’3″, 190 lbs with 4.7 speed and a 3.6 GPA.

23 Responses to “Recruiting: Alabama lands commitment from #6 pro style QB Cooper Bateman” Subscribe

1. BamaCLT May 16, 2012 at 9:48 am #

Scout has him listed as the #4 QB. If he has an outstanding showing at the Elite 11 in June, he may get his fifth star.

• capstonereport May 16, 2012 at 9:54 am #

Great point about the showcase events like those combines. His video looks very good right now, so I’ll be anxious to see what his summer videos look like.

• BamaBrando May 17, 2012 at 8:43 am #

Yes, his highlight video looks very good. The guy definitely has a cannon for an arm. He seems to be a smart QB. Next year, with receiver being a priority, having QBs like Bateman and Morris, along with Coach Nuss as the OC, should help recruit some big time receivers.

On Phillip Sims: We will never know how good he would have been at Bama, but based on his limited experience in games last season, there is no question that McCarron is the better QB. I hate to see him leave, but it just creates an opportunity for another great talent to come in. I think this Bateman guy looks like an upgrade over Sims.

2. bamatruth77 May 17, 2012 at 6:00 am #

two words…. Phillip Sims!

• pete4tide May 17, 2012 at 8:11 am #

Don’t you wish.

3. Hoopie May 17, 2012 at 4:21 pm #

Maybe Rolando McClain has eligibility left …..oh that’s right ..he just got sentenced to 6 months in jail.

• rambeno@aol.com May 17, 2012 at 7:52 pm #

Maybe the EverToYieldFoundation is the dumbest bunch of clown sumbitches to ever call themselves an organization.LMAO!

• BamaBrando May 18, 2012 at 8:54 am #

Maybe they can sign Dakota Mosley and his gang instead, oh yeah thats right they are all IN PRISON. Glad to see you are still a hater. That means BAMA is still on your mind. It must suck to be you, knowing Bama is going to spank that ass again this season, before it even gets started. SInce Saban has been at Bama, you just can’t seem to catch many breaks.

4. RC May 18, 2012 at 10:48 am #

Any college that celebrates a known felon and statutory rapist like Cam Newton lost all privileges of gloating about rival players

• Bamabino May 18, 2012 at 10:14 pm #

That’s what Camdingo’s do.

• FBJ Lives May 20, 2012 at 12:22 am #

You got that barbeque grill hot yet?

5. Bamabino May 19, 2012 at 7:53 pm #

Cooper Bateman: “Auburn is weird.” LMAO! He’s a very smart young man.

6. Finebaum Junkie May 22, 2012 at 8:06 pm #

Nobody knows a rapist….like a rapist.

7. RC May 22, 2012 at 9:13 pm #

Finebaum Junkie AKA FBJ Lives speaks from experience

• Finebaum Junkie May 24, 2012 at 1:27 am #

Wow, before you go patting yourself on the back gloating like you just solved a damn Scooby Doo mystery, people like Bama Brando and a few others here gave me the FBJ nickname. You dumb jerk off. Go see if that “reliable” NCAA source of yours has another mystery for you to solve, cause neither one of you have been right about shyt. I called your ass out on that before….then you proceed to challenge me to a fight, gang rape people, and all sort of dumb internet shyt. But as push turned into shove, you no showed. Relax RC, everythings going to be ok. Just stick to your job of making the cole slaw and bbq chicken…you know, things you CAN do.

8. RC May 24, 2012 at 9:57 am #

FinebaUm Junkie, Ak FBJ, AKA FREE BLOW JOBS:

Your COWARDLY ass knows along with most rational ppl who know your character that YOU were the no show. I had my attorney with me bitch boy as a witness to make sure you didn’t bring your Klan-ish redneck posse! We drove around the perimeters and waited til 9:15, you spineless sack of shit. I tell you what. Let’s set up another meeting either back at Splash Adventure OR at the BP across from McAdory High School next Sat morning. Instead of lowriding like you’re trying to be cool in your truck, why don’t you face me and fight me hand-to hand like a real man. I guess when you saw my attorney/pastor/witness, you thought you were going to be ambushed like your pussy ass promised to do to me. What’s wrong, FBJ? You can’t fight like a real man and engage in some hand-to-hand combat?

As far as “gang rapes,” you don’t even have a girlfriend, you cum guzzler. If you do, post the little whore’s pic on this site. She’d have to be a whore to date some dip-stained cum guzzler like you.

As far as my profession, I brought my attorney not only as my witness to your no-show, as well as to frisk you for weapons, but also to sign a waiver protecting my identity after I clobbered your ass. After your beatdown, I was going to bull whip you through a private obstacle course. You have no idea of my reputation in the community and my profession. Since you have never been taught discipline and respect in your house, it was going to be up to me to pass on those values to you so you could pass them on to your illegitimate children.

DO SOMETHING AND STOP HIDING!! We know who the liar is here. In case you don’t know, that would be you

• IQ>U May 30, 2012 at 11:27 pm #

“I brought my attorney with me to a fight”! ROTHMFFALMAO

• IQ>U May 30, 2012 at 11:31 pm #

You actually showed up for fight, with your attorney, because of something written on the internet! That says all someone has to know about your “reputation in the community and your profession” – low class!

9. RC May 24, 2012 at 7:19 pm #

FBJ, you working long hours tonight at the burger joint? Where’s your snappy comeback? Cock-a-doodle do, you turd

10. RC May 31, 2012 at 10:14 am #

IQ must either be the alter ego of FBJ Lives, Finebaum Junkie, or that white trash LSU fan who called me the ‘N’ word when I got the best of him after my team wiped the floor with LSU’s ass in the Superdome. COWARD

11. RC May 31, 2012 at 10:16 am #

LSU players blew their wadd all over the Superdome turf!!

• IQ>U June 19, 2012 at 3:53 pm #

And I’m sure you would know what a bunch of guys blowing their wadd all over would look like RC. That is unless the first shot got in your eyes.

12. RC July 1, 2012 at 12:13 pm #

Only coward-ass pussies with low self-esteem would sneakily post on a blog a month later hoping to get the last word

%d bloggers like this: