Mark Ingram, RB, New Orleans (27-14 loss to HOU)
7 carries, 25 yards (3.6 avg), 1 TD
Ingram continues to look like the NFL runningback we knew him to be.
Marcel Dareus, DT, BUF (24-10 loss to DEN)
1 tackle (solo sack), 1 QB hit
The Huffman High School native is on his way to permanent residence in Buffalo…historically maybe not a good thing, but maybe it’ll turn around while he’s there.
Julio Jones, WR, ATL (15-13 loss to JAC)
2 catches for 30 yds (19-long)
Julio is firmly placing himself in the rotation, possibly starting opposite of Roddy White.
James Carpenter, OL, SEA
Carpenter still making strides to contribute and possibly start in the big league.
Greg McElroy, QB, NYJ (27-7 win over CIN)
6-9 passing, 59 yards (6.6 yd avg), 1 TD
Mark Sanchez he is not, but he has gotten the attention of the coaching staff as a solid backup. 2 TDs in two games and still no turnovers. That speaks volumes at the next level.
Other Bama players of note:
• Kareem Jackson, DB, HOU (27-14 win over NO) 3 tackles (solo)
• Rashaad Johnson, DB, ARI (28-20 loss to GB) 2 tackles (solo)
• Terrence Cody, DT, BAL (31-10 win over KC) 2 tackles
• Le’Ron McClain, RB, KC (31-10 loss to BAL) 4 carries for 12 yards (3.0 avg)
• Mark Anderson, DE, NE (31-14 win over TB) 2 tackles, 1 assist
• Roman Harper, DB, NO (27-14 loss to HOU) 1 tackle